Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Outside Reading #3

“I like to see people reunited, maybe that’s a silly thing, but what can I say, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can’t tell fast enough, the ears that aren’t big enough, the eyes that can’t take in all of the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone, I sit on the side with a coffee and write in my daybook, I examine the flight schedules that I’ve already memorized, I observe, I write, I try not to remember the life that I didn’t want to lose but lost and have to remember, being here fills my heart with so much joy, even if that joy isn’t mine” (Foer 109).
This quote talks about how the joy and happiness from others can make you happy. Sometimes, it is like a chain reaction. If one person is in a good mood, they might put another person in a good mood, and then that person might put someone else in a good mood, and the cycle goes on and on. Many people think that they only get joy out of something good that happens to them, but they also feed off of the joy of others. When you see a team win a championship or a student get an “A” on a test, you are happy not only for them, but their happiness brings joy to you. I am not saying that this happens to everyone, but I think that people feed off of each other’s emotions. This can be a good or bad thing, but I think that the emotions of the people around you, affect your mood and feelings.

No comments: