Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hope

Today I read an article about one of the kids that spoke for KS95 for kids, which raises money for kids with cancer and other health issues.
"I haven’t been able to move forward just yet, as I am still in the middle of my treatment. But I am looking forward to school and doing things normally again."
This quote is from eleven year old Megan. She was diagnosed with leukemia and has had to go through many painful things like spinal taps and chemo. It amazes me that this little girl can go through something like leukemia and still be so optimistic and brave. She had the spinal tap without any anesthesia. Very few adults even go though with this, so it amazed me that an eleven year old could do something so brave. Megan has always had hope that she would get better and I think that is why she was so brave throughout her treatment. Hope can take people a long way. If you have something to look forward to or something to be hopeful for, you are more likely to go through pain to get where or what you want. I feel like people with hope are more likely to survive traumatic events in their life. Hope is kind of like a medicine on its own. This may sound stupid, but when you have high spirits, your body knows that and it is stronger and more willing to fight off disease. Hope should be involved with every aspect of peoples lives.

Megan, N. "Cancer In Her Own Words." KS95 Feb. 2009:

No comments: