Sunday, December 21, 2008

outside reading #23

Today I read an article about Barack Obama’s appointments to his cabinet. The article talked about the fact that he was appointing people with a lot of experience. As Charles Babington, the author of the article stated, bringing people with him to the White House that have experience will make the American people feel safer. I completely agree with this. Having people that know what is going on and have dealt with it first hand makes me feel much more secure, but…. During Obama’s campaign he was all about change. Yes change is very popular right now, but when Obama appoints people to his cabinet that have been in Washington for a long time, doesn’t that go back on the CHANGE he spoke about. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad that Obama is going to be working with people with experience, but I think that he didn’t really speak realistically during his campaign. Don’t take this the wrong way, I am not saying that Obama is wrong for appointing the people that he is (I am actually a relieved he picked people with experience), but I think that he should have been realistic during his campaign because he can’t cover up mistakes with wonderful speeches when he is president.

No comments: